We are being joined by trainers the Scottish Drugs Forum to run an informative and engaging training session for our current volunteers. It will take place in the Pollokshaws Burgh Hall 6.30-8.30pm.
Attendees can expect to cover and explore:
- Identify a range of reasons why people use drugs;
- Describe the different patterns of drug use;
- Recognise the potential impact of staff attitudes to substance use on their practice with people who use substances;
- Recall the most commonly used drugs in Scotland, and state their legal classification;
- Understand and explain the harm reduction rationale, and list examples of protective and risk factors for people who use substances
Official invites will be sent to all volunteers in January but please save the date now if you are interested in coming along as places are limited! Any questions please call 0141-570-8735.